Arooskis Adult Nordic Program Winter
Join the Arooskis Adult Nordic Program.
Are you looking for a fun, social way to improve your ski skills? Maybe you are looking for a new winter activity, or simply a way to keep your summer fitness going? Maine Winter Sports Center's Arooskis Adult Nordic Program is for you!
Weekly sessions provide participants with the tools necessary to improve their Nordic skiing. Technique drills, analysis and tips aim to improve comfort and efficiency on skis. Individualized training plans can provide that extra bit of motivation to get out and enjoy the fitness benefits of skiing or take that next step to reach your competitive goals. Whatever your skill level or motivation, get outside with the Arooskis this winter!
PROGRAM FEE: $55 for the winter program. Additional fees apply for special camps or trips. We encourage all Arooskis to volunteer with programs and events in their local clubs and communities. Participants who run weekly youth or adult ski programs in their area are eligible for free tuition*.
PROGRAM DETAILS & REGISTRATION: Registration for the 2013-14 Winter Season is open! Click on the info packet below to learn about Arooskis in your area:
Northern Maine - Program Info (download pdf)
- 10th Mountain Center – Fort Kent - 6:00 PM on Tuesdays (Begins December 3rd)
- Nordic Heritage Center – Presque Isle - 6:00 PM on Thursdays (Begins December 5th)
Central Maine - Program Info (download pdf)
- Quarry Road Recreation Area - Waterville - 6:00 PM on Tuesdays (Begins December 10th)
- Bangor Municipal Golf Course - Bangor - 6:00 PM on Thursdays (Begins December 12th)
Western Maine - Program Info (download pdf)
- Auburn Nordic Ski Association Trails - Auburn - 6:00 PM on Mondays (Begins January 6th)
- Titcomb Mountain – Farmington - 6:00 PM on Wednesdays (Begins January 8th)
Additional Program Components:
- Personalized video review and technique analysis
- Trips to regional tours, events & races
- Wax tips and support throughout the season
- Connection to additional adult camps & programs throughout the year
- Access to MWSC training apparel at reduced price
*Further information available from coaches at the first sessions of the season.
Questions?: The best way to stay connected to with Arooskis is to get on our email list, and join the Arooskis group on Facebook.
If you have questions or want more information please contact us:
- Northern Maine: Mike Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org 227-0250)
- Central Maine: Lauren Jacobs (email@example.com 227-8580)
- Western Maine: Josh Firmin (firstname.lastname@example.org 554-0221)